Celebrate the Cherry Blossom Festival at Carmine’s:
Carmine’s will celebrate the blossoms with a March 25 complimentary tasting of the restaurant’s Cherry Blossom Punch and Italian Zeppole with cherry dipping sauce.
And throughout the Festival Carmine’s will offer a cherry blossom punch, made with Absolut CherryKran and Mandarin vodkas with fresh lemon juice and a splash of cranberry— $11.50.
Pair it with zeppole, lemon-powdered Italian fritters filled with ricotta and served with cherry-preserve dipping sauce - $9.95.
LEMON & RICOTTA ZEPOLLE from CARMINE’s
YIELD: 20 pieces
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ pound ricotta cheese
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 cup flour sifted
1½ tablespoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup vegetable oil
- Mix eggs & sugar until doubled in volume & smooth
- Add ricotta cheese, lemon zest & vanilla; mix until combined
- Add flour, baking powder & salt; gently mix by hand with rubber spatula
- Heat oil on medium/low in a medium fry pan
- Add 1 tablespoon batter to hot oil
- Turn over when edges begin to bubble approximately 3 minutes
- Remove from oil when all sides become golden brown approximately 3 minutes
- Cover with powdered sugar as desired