Friday, January 8, 2016 - 6:00pm to 10:00pm
Food & Drink
1135 Okie Street, NE20002 Washington , DC
District Of Columbia
Eight Things to Know about One Eight Distilling's Epic Birthday Party:
- One Eight Distilling will celebrate the one year anniversary with a birthday party on Friday, January 8 (1/8) from 6 to 10pm at the distillery (1135 Okie St NE, www.oneeightdistilling.com).
- There will be music, incredible local food vendors and expertly made drinks. Food options include steamed buns from Ekiben, biscuit sandwiches from Mason Dixie Biscuit Co. and a special ice cream from Milk Cult using One Eight whiskey. Guest bartenders Christine Kim (Tico, The Riggsby) and Caroline Blundell (Ripple) will make specialty cocktails using One Eight spirits.
- A lucky fan can win a free ticket for themself and eight friends. To enter, follow One Eight Distilling on Instagram, tag a friend and share a photo of a spirit, cocktail or other One Eight distillery photo.
- During the party, One Eight will unveil Untitled No. 6, a nine-year-old bourbon with a triple cask finish.
- In the first year of distilling, One Eight has been recognized by the New York International Spirits Competition, which awarded the Ivy City Gin a silver medal. The same spirit received a glowing review from well-respected blog for all things gin: The Gin Is In.
- One Eight Distilling was the first to distill vodka in DC since prohibition. District Made Vodka uses rye instead of other, more common grains or potatoes for a mildly spicy flavor that gives way to sweet, smooth finish that is soft on the palate.
- One Eight Distilling was born one year ago from a desire to produce the finest spirits from grain to glass all within Washington, DC.
- Tickets include free food and three tastings. Tickets can be purchased for $20 online at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/one-eight-distilling-tickets-199999122